'Hunger Games' Star Josh Hutcherson to Receive CinemaCon's Breakthrough Performer Award
He'll receive the tribute at the upcoming annual convention of theater owners in Las Vegas.
Josh Hutcherson -- star of box office monster The Hunger Games -- will receive CinemaCon's Breathrough Peformer of the Year award.
CinemaCon, the annual convention of exhibitors that's hosted by the National Association of Theater Owners, runs April 23-26 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
"With an already impressive resume of films under his belt, Hutcherson is one of the most accomplished young actors of his time," CinemaCon general manager Mitch Neuhauser said.
Hunger Games, opening on March 23, has grossed a massive $163.4 million in its first four days of play at the domestic box office.
Hutcherson's, whose other recent film credits include Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, will be seen in upcoming films Red Dawn, Detention and Seven Days in Havana.
The CinemaCon award will be presented at the convention's final night dinner.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing