'Hunger Games' Star Josh Hutcherson to Receive CinemaCon's Breakthrough Performer Award
He'll receive the tribute at the upcoming annual convention of theater owners in Las Vegas.
Josh Hutcherson -- star of box office monster The Hunger Games -- will receive CinemaCon's Breathrough Peformer of the Year award.
CinemaCon, the annual convention of exhibitors that's hosted by the National Association of Theater Owners, runs April 23-26 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
"With an already impressive resume of films under his belt, Hutcherson is one of the most accomplished young actors of his time," CinemaCon general manager Mitch Neuhauser said.
Hunger Games, opening on March 23, has grossed a massive $163.4 million in its first four days of play at the domestic box office.
Hutcherson's, whose other recent film credits include Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, will be seen in upcoming films Red Dawn, Detention and Seven Days in Havana.
The CinemaCon award will be presented at the convention's final night dinner.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services