Lionsgate Sets Release Dates for Final Two 'Hunger Games' Pics
"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay," which is being split into two movies similar to "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn," will hit theaters in November 2014 and 2015.
Moving aggressively to claim the lucrative Thanksgiving frame, Lionsgate has dated the final two films in The Hunger Games series for Nov. 21, 2014, and Nov. 20, 2015.
Lionsgate and Summit are splitting Suzanne Collins' third novel The Hunger Games: Mockingjay into two films, much the same as The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn was.
The Hunger Games became an instant big-screen franchise this year, grossing $678.2 million worldwide, including $404.4 million domestically.
The second film, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, opens on Nov. 22, 2013.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR