Hurricane Irene Keeps 'Jersey Shore's' Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino from the MTV Video Music Awards
Though the rest of his castmates boarded a private jet to LA, the outspoken reality star explains how he ended up stuck at home.
While all seven of his roommates were on hand for the MTV Video Music Awards, Jersey Shore star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino was mysteriously absent from the festivities.
Never one to miss a photo op, his nonappearance sparked rumors that Sorrentino could have been ready to leave the controversial show behind. Though Jersey Shore's future remains uncertain beyond Season 5, which has already wrapped filming, Sorrentino took to Twitter to clear up any rumors.
"I wish I could be at the VMA's but all flights were grounded because of the Hurricane," he wrote. "Sorry #SituationNation."
Hurricane Irene couldn't stop the rest of his castmates from hitting Nokia Theater, as MTV chartered a private jet from Teterboro, NJ to Los Angeles for the crew, narrowly avoiding Irene.
"Mike got stuck due to the rain and couldn't make the flight," a rep for Sorrentino explained to Us Weekly.
MTV aired a special episode of Jersey Shore prior to Sunday's VMAs. The show can next be seen in its regular time slot, Thursday at 10 p.m.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR