'Hurt Locker' tops Web critics nods
Honors include best picture, director, actor
"The Hurt Locker" has been named best picture of 2009 by the Online Film Critics Society. It also earned awards for director Kathryn Bigelow, actor Jeremy Renner and editors Chris Innis and Bob Murawski.
"Inglourious Basterds" also took home four awards: best actress, Melanie Laurent; supporting actor, Christoph Waltz; original screenplay, Quentin Tarantino; and cinematography, Robert Richardson.
"Anvil!: The Story of Anvil" was named best documentary. "Up" was hailed as best animated feature and earned a second award for Michael Giacchino's score. And "The White Ribbon" took the prize for best picture not in the English language.
Mo'Nique took home another trophy as best supporting actress for her work in "Precious."
The adapted screenplay award went to Wes Anderson and Noah Baumbach for "Fantastic Mr. Fox."
Founded in 1997, the 145-member Online Film Critics Society is the oldest organization of Internet-based film journalists.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Chris Evans & Emily VanCamp Premiere 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' in Hollywood!
- Vanessa Hudgens Channels Yoko Ono at Alessandra Ambrosio's Fashion Line Launch!
- Who Went Home on 'American Idol' Tonight? Top 10 Revealed!
- Scarlett Johansson Debuts Pregnant Body in Lace Dress at 'Captain America 2' Premiere!