'I Am Legend' tops DVD sales
Consumers last week couldn't get enough of Warner Home Video's "I Am Legend." The sci-fi actioner topped the national DVD sales chart in its second week in stores after debuting at No. 2 the previous week, and it remained at No. 1 on the rental chart for the second consecutive week.
Disney's "Enchanted," which narrowly beat "Legend" for the top sales spot last week, slipped to No. 2 on the Nielsen VideoScan First Alert chart, still comfortably ahead of Genius Products/the Weinstein Co.'s "The Mist," a Stephen King shocker that at No. 3 was the week's top-selling new release.
"The Kite Runner," from DreamWorks/Paramount, debuted at No. 7, a good showing for a film that only made $15.8 million at the boxoffice. "Runner" generated considerable awards buzz before the Oscars but was only nominated for best score.
In rental stores, "Legend" had a dropoff of just 17% in activity from its debut week, according to Home Media Magazine's video rental chart. After two weeks in stores, the film has generated $20 million in rental revenue alone. "Mist" debuted at No. 2 on the rental chart with $8.2 million, or 32% of its $25.6 million theatrical earnings. "Runner" bowed at No. 9 with $4.9 million.
"Legend" also was the top-selling Blu-ray Disc last week, with "No Country for Old Men" No. 2.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR