'I Have Been Approached to Do Bollywood Films' Says Paris Hilton
On her first India visit to launch her line of handbags and accessories, Paris Hilton also sported Indian designerwear.
NEW DELHI – Paris Hilton jetted into Mumbai over the weekend to launch her line of handbags and accessories. Addressing a press conference Saturday, Hilton said, “I am so glad to have come here. I love the creations by Indian designers and I will be wearing only Indian designer outfits during my stay here. I am also keen to meet my friends from Bollywood. I have been approached earlier to do Bollywood films and if I get a good script, who knows I may just do a film; Bollywood films are so colourful.”
Hilton made a fashion statement dressed in a coral pink Grecian drape, a contemporary twist on the Indian sari by designer Malini Ramani while Hilton's look was styled by well-known Bollywood designer Rocky S.
“I am very inspired by Indian designers. I recently shot for the cover of Marie Claire India in a sari designed by Rocky S. He is an incredible designer. I am sure I am going to wear a sari back in the U.S. as well,” she added.
When asked if she would launch an Indian verison of her TV series BFF (Best Friend Forever) – which has international versions in London and Dubai – Hilton said, “Right now, I am very busy with my brand but yes, after a couple of visits, I should have one BFF here too.”
Hilton later attended a special party hosted in her honor by Mumbai socialite Queenie Singh which was attended by some Bollywood personalities including actresses Bipasha Basu, Sushmita Sen and Kangna Ranaut.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical