Ian McKellen, Derek Jacobi to Play Gay Couple in ITV Sitcom 'Vicious'
UPDATED: The comedy from "Will & Grace" executive producer Gary Janetti is set in London and promises characters who are "delightfully vicious to each other."
LONDON - U.K. network ITV on Monday said it has commissioned a studio sitcom called Vicious, starring Ian McKellen, British stage veteran Derek Jacobi (The King's Speech, My Week with Marilyn) and Frances De La Tour (Alice In Wonderland, Hugo).
The show was co-created by Family Guy writer and Will & Grace executive producer Gary Janetti, who is also writing the series, and British playwright Mark Ravenhill.
The show is described as a comedy about "friends that bicker, argue and are delightfully vicious to each other." ITV said it will start airing the show in 2013.
McKellen, who will return to the big screen this holiday season as Gandalf in the first part of The Hobbit, and Jacobi are set to play long-time couple Freddie and Stuart who have lived together in a small London apartment for nearly 50 years. A former actor and an ex-barman, their lives now consist mainly of reading, walking their dog and bickering.
The series will be produced by Shine Group’s Brown Eyed Boy label in association with the News Corp. production outfit’s Kudos Film and TV.
Jemma Rodgers will serve as executive producer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR