IATSE Charters New Locals in Newfoundland
A mixed local and a camera local join the union’s Canadian contingent.
What’s new in Newfoundland?
There are two new IATSE motion picture locals, the union announced: Local 709 (mixed job classifications) and Local 671 (International Cinematographers Guild).
Previously, Newfoundland and Labrador workers joined either the Toronto-based Local 849 (mixed) or Nova Scotia’s Local 667 (ICG). They now have an option closer to home. Existing members can transfer to one of the new locals if they like.
Said IATSE international president Matthew D. Loeb, “The chartering of these locals reflects the increasing talent pool of technicians in Newfoundland and Labrador.”
Bookmark The Hollywood Reporter’s Labor Page for the most in-depth coverage of entertainment unions and guilds.
Email: jhandel99 at gmail dot com
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR