IBM Computer Watson Blows Away Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter on Day 2 of 'Jeopardy!' Challenge (Video)
The computer did miss the final question, however; the three-day competition concludes Wednesday.
After two days of competition, the IBM supercomputer named Watson is blowing away his human rivals on Jeopardy!
At the end of Day 1, Brad Rutter and Watson were tied at $5,000 apiece, with Ken Jennings at $2,000.
But at the end of the second day, Watson was way ahead of its competitors: The computer ended with $35,734, while Rutter was in second with $10,400 and Jennings in third with $4,800.
However, Watson did miss the final question under the category of "U.S. Cities."
In response to the answer "Its largest airport is named for a World War II Hero; its second largest, for a World War II battle," Watson incorrectly replied "What is Toronto?????" with multiple question marks, indicating it wasn't completely sure of its answer, according to host Alex Trebek.
Fortunately, it had risked only $947.
Rutter and Jennings both answered correctly: "What is Chicago?"
Check out a clip from Monday's episode below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR