'Ice Age 5' to Hit Theaters Summer 2016
In a twinned move, Fox pushes back the release of animated tentpole "Anubis" from 2016 to spring 2018.
Manny and his posse will be back in theaters on July 15, 2016.
From Fox Animation Studios and Blue Sky Studios, Ice Age 5 intends to continue the success of the blockbuster family franchise. All told, the first four films grossed $2.8 billion at the global box office.
Last year's Ice Age: Continental Drift took in $874.9 million worldwide, including a massive $714 million internationally. Fox hasn't released any details about the fifth installment, although most of the main voice cast -- led by Ray Romano as Manny the wooly mammoth -- is expected to return.
The July 2016 date was originally occupied by Anubis, another Fox Animation and Blue Sky title. Anubis is being pushed back two years to March 23, 2018, the Easter corridor.
Anubis is loosely based on Bruce Zick's novel about a mummy's curse that results in an unintended trip to the Egyptian underworld.
Summer 2016 also sees the debut of Pixar and Disney's Finding Dory, a sequel of sorts to Finding Nemo. Finding Dory hits theaters June 17 -- the same day that DreamWorks Animation's How to Train Your Dragon 3 is scheduled to open, making for an epic showdown. (Fox distributes and markets DWA titles.)
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game