Ice Cube to Return for Sony's '21 Jump Street' Sequel (Exclusive)
The rap star-turned-actor has closed a deal to reprise his role as Captain Dickson, playing opposite Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill.
Ice Cube is reporting back for duty on Sony's 21 Jump Street sequel.
The rap star-turned-actor has closed a deal to reprise his role as Captain Dickson in 22 Jump Street, playing opposite Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill.
Phil Lord and Chris Miller also are returning as directors for the the film, which will showcase Wyatt Russell in a supporting role.
Production begins at the end of September.
21 Jump Street became a surprise hit for Sony last year, earning more than $138 million domestically and $202 million worldwide.
Ice Cube will next appear starring opposite Kevin Hart in the comedy Ride Along for Universal, which debuts Martin Luther King Jr. weekend in 2014. Ice Cube also produced the film alongside Will Packer and Cubevision partner Matt Alvarez. He also is executive producing the comedy series Outlaws for Amazon Studios.
Ice Cube is repped by UTA, manager Jeff Kwatinetz and attorney Matt Johnson.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR