Ice dancing reality series planned for ABC
Format would be similar to 'Dancing with the Stars'
BBC Worldwide Productions is planning an ice dancing reality series for ABC, the production company announced.
The "Dancing With the Stars" production company is planning a format that's very similar to its current ABC hit, with six celebrities paired with professional skaters.
"ABC has become an incredible partner for us -- we mirror each other's vision in attaining production excellence and we look forward to taking our relationship to the ice," commented Jane Tranter, executive vp of programming and production, BBC Worldwide Productions. "This program will be a truly unique and exciting experience for their viewers."
The untitled series will debut later this year and is based on the BBC's six-year-old "Strictly Ice Dancing" format. Izzie Pick will executive produce.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR