ICM Shake-up: Doug MacLaren, Harley Copen to Co-head Agency's Motion Picture Literary Branch
The move comes on the heels of the exit of longtime agent and department co-head Emile Gladstone, who will now run the production company of "Fast & Furious" screenwriter Chris Morgan.
Doug MacLaren and Harley Copen have been named co-heads of ICM Partners’ motion picture literary department.
The move comes on the heels of the exit of longtime agent and department co-head Emile Gladstone, who is transitioning to be the producing partner of ICM client Chris Morgan. Morgan is the hot screenwriter behind the Fast & Furious movies.
MacLaren and Copen will now oversee a department representing award-winning directors, writers and producers including Woody Allen, Sofia Coppola, Tom Hooper, David Mamet, Stephen Frears, Vanessa Taylor, Lisa Cholodenko, Vince Gilligan, Thomas Vinterberg, Peter Weir, Joseph Cedar, Tim Robbins, Jack Paglen and Deepa Mehta.
The promotions keep the leadership homegrown. MacLaren has been at ICM since 1995 and even served as co-head of the motion picture lit department from 2006 to 2009. Copen, who became a partner last year, began his career at Broder Webb Chervin Silbermann in 2001 (Broder merged with ICM in 2006).
Both MacLaren and Copen are well-respected both inside the company and out.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David