'Ides of March': First Poster With Ryan Gosling, George Clooney
The political drama opens Oct. 7.
Ryan Gosling morphs into George Clooney in the first poster from their upcoming political drama, The Ides of March.
The key art shows Gosling's face half covered by a Time magazine cover featuring Clooney's face on it. Gosling plays a young press secretary who falls prey to dirty backroom politics in the film. Clooney portrays the candidate that Gosling's character works for.
The Ides of March is based on the Beau Willimon play Farragut North. The film screens at both the Venice Film Festival and the Toronto Film Festival in Sept.
Clooney directed the Columbia Pictures drama, and co-wrote the script with his Smoke House Pictures partner Grant Heslov.
Clooney, an outspoken liberal, says he made his character a Democrat to bypass any claims that the film had a personal agenda.
The film, also starring Marisa Tomei, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Evan Rachel Wood, is set for wide release Oct. 7.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws