'Idol' winner to sing anthem at NBA Finals
Lee DeWyze will perform at Game 2 of the championships
NEW YORK -- Lee DeWyze is going from one championship to another.
The "American Idol" winner has been tapped to sing the national anthem at Game 2 of the NBA Finals in Los Angeles, where the Lakers have a 1-0 lead on the Boston Celtics in the best-of-seven series.
DeWyze follows in the path of other "Idol" winners who have performed at the NBA Finals.
DeWyze won the "Idol" crown last week.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game