IFC Films acquires Argentine film 'Puzzle'
Natalia Smirnoff's movie debuted in Berlin
IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the Argentine film "Puzzle," directed by Natalia Smirnoff, which had its world premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival.
Produced by Carousel Films' Gabriele Pastore and Caroline Dhainaut from La Ninas Pictures, the film stars Maria Onetta as an older housewife who discovers she has a knack for solving puzzles.
IFC Films will release "Puzzle" this year via its IFC in Theaters platform, which combines a theatrical release with simultaneous VOD availability.
The deal was negotiated by IFC's Elizabeth Nastro with Emilie Georges and Tanja Meissner of Memento Films International.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s