IFC Films acquires Argentine film 'Puzzle'
Natalia Smirnoff's movie debuted in Berlin
IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the Argentine film "Puzzle," directed by Natalia Smirnoff, which had its world premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival.
Produced by Carousel Films' Gabriele Pastore and Caroline Dhainaut from La Ninas Pictures, the film stars Maria Onetta as an older housewife who discovers she has a knack for solving puzzles.
IFC Films will release "Puzzle" this year via its IFC in Theaters platform, which combines a theatrical release with simultaneous VOD availability.
The deal was negotiated by IFC's Elizabeth Nastro with Emilie Georges and Tanja Meissner of Memento Films International.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack