IFC Films acquires 'Joan Rivers' doc
Movie received an editing award at Sundance
Can we talk?
IFC Films has acquired North American rights to Ricki Stern and Annie Sundberg's documentary "Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work," which premiered last week at the Sundance Film Festival.
The doc, which brought the caustic comedienne to Park City, received the fest's U.S. Documentary Editing Award and earned good notices for its warts-and-all portrait of the hardworking performer.
Seth Keal produced with Stern and Sundberg, whose 2007 doc "The Devil Comes on Horseback," which explored genocide in Darfur, also played at Sundance.
IFC is planning a theatrical release for the movie this year.
The "Rivers" deal was negotiated by IFC's Arianna Bocco and Submarine Entertainment's Josh Braun and Jason Janego. IFC Films will release the film in 2010 in theaters across America.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR