IFC's 'Portlandia' Poster Pays Homage To 'Battlestar Galactica'
The hipster-skewering comedy series debuts new art for its second season premiere Jan. 6.
IFC has unveiled new poster art for an upcoming Battlestar Galactica-themed episode of Portlandia, the comedy that lampoons hipsters from the Pacific Northwest.
Portlandia returns for its second season Jan. 6 (10 p.m. EST), and in anticipation, the indie network issued a special illustration to commemorate episode No. 2, entitled "One Moore Episode." The poster, created by Portland artist Justin Hampton, puts a sci-fi spin on the show and its cast members.
In an IFC-released video preview, series co-stars and co-creators Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein are shown becoming severely addicted to SyFy's Battlestar Galactica. (See the clip below.) The episode, which will be streamed on the channel's website New Year's Day, was named for Battlestar creator Ron Moore.
Earlier this year, Moore's 17th Precinct pilot, touted as a BSG reunion, was passed over by NBC, which instead picked up the fantasy procedural Grimm among other new series. However, the pilot -- featuring Jamie Bamber and Patricia Helfer in a police drama about a supernatural small town -- has surfaced online.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR