IFC Renews 'Portlandia' for Second Season
7:49 AM PST 2/14/2011 by Mark Cina
IFC has ordered 10 new half-hour episodes of the short-based, comedy series Portlandia, written by and starring SNL's Fred Armisen and former Sleater Kinney vocalist/guitarist Carrie Brownstein.According to Live+3 data from Nielsen Media, the initial three episodes of Portlandia (which debuted last month) have been viewed by a combined audience of over 1.1 million total viewers and over 700,000 in the 18-49 demo, IFC’s target audience. “We’re thrilled with the success of Portlandia and the overwhelmingly positive feedback from our viewers,” Debbie DeMontreux, IFC's senior vice president, original programming, said in a statement. “Fred and Carrie’s humor is perfectly in line with the sensibility and comedic tone of IFC which makes this show such a great fit for us. This early renewal signifies that IFC’s alt comedy programming is indeed resonating with our audience.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR