IFC walks with Genius' 'Tigers'
IFC Entertainment announced Tuesday that it has purchased North American rights to the Sundance film "Wild Tigers I Have Known" from Genius Products.
The coming-of-age drama will be distributed on IFC First Take with day-and-date release theatrically and on local cable's On Demand platform. The New York-based company intends to debut the film on Feb. 28.
"Wild Tigers," which has toured the film festival circuit, is the first feature by writer-director Cam Archer. The film is executive produced by Gus Van Sant and Scott Rudin and stars Malcolm Stumpf, Fairuza Balk and Patrick White. It recently received a 2007 Independent Spirit Award nomination for best cinematography (Aaron Platt).
The deal was negotiated by Elizabeth Nastro and Ryan Werner for IFC with Genius Products and executive producers Lars Knudsen and Jay Van Hoy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR