IFTA execs Prewitt, Wolf re-up
Jean Prewitt and Jonathan Wolf have signed new, three-year contract extensions with the Independent Film and Television Alliance running through 2009.
Prewitt is president and CEO of the Los Angeles-based trade organization, while Wolf serves as both the IFTA's executive vp and managing director of the American Film Market, which IFTA holds in November.
Their contract extensions were announced by Michael Ryan, chairman of IFTA and director of IAC Film, on behalf of the IFTA's board of directors.
"Jean and Jonathan have made substantial contributions to our organization, which have resulted in continued growth and a host of year-round services that have delivered value to our membership and the independent industry at large," Ryan said.
Prewitt took over leadership of IFTA in April 2000. She also is serving as elected chairman of FilmLA. Wolf has been in his current position since 1998; he joined IFTA as senior vp business development in 1993.
IFTA represents more than 160 member companies from 22 countries, consisting of independent production and distribution companies, sales agents, television companies, studio-affiliated companies and financial institutions engaged in film finance. Forty% of its membership and 30% of its board of directors are from outside the U.S. Collectively, the IFTA members produce more than 400 independent films and countless hours of television programming each year and generate more than $4 billion in distribution revenue annually.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues