Ilene Chaiken's 'Quean' Pilot Not Moving Forward at CBS
The Joel Silver-produced project, which centered on a femme hacker who helps the Oakland police solve crimes, has been shut down.
CBS is not moving forward with its Girl with a Dragon Tattoo style drama, Quean.
The Warner Brothers TV project has been tabled, the Hollywood Reporter has learned, with rumblings that the potential series was in fact too similar to Tattoo.
The news comes more than a month after CBS ordered Quean to pilot, fromThe L Word’s Ilene Chaiken. Joel Silver was also attached to the project, which centered on a femme hacker who helps the Oakland police solve crimes.
It wasn’t entirely new territory for Chaiken, who had a pilot in contention last year about a mom, played by Minnie Driver, turned detective. Her Real L Word is coming back for a third season on Showtime.
With Quean off the table, the network still has seven other drama projects in contention, including the Dennis Quaid-lead Ralph Lamb project and Mira Sorvino’s Trooper.
Email: Lacey.Rose@thr.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR