Image Crafter Matthew Rolston Set to Star in New Reality Show (Exclusive)
The prospective series would position the in-demand photographer and music video helmer as a modern-day Henry Higgins.
A version of this story originally appeared in the Rambling Reporter column of the June 1 issue of The Hollywood Reporter.
It’s rare for a behind-the-scenes force to nab a lead role in front of the camera, but A-list image maker Matthew Rolston — who has worked with everyone from Madonna and Janet Jackson to Mary J. Blige — plans to star in a Pygmalion-esque reality series showcasing his talents as a creative director to three yet-to-be-announced “name” female music performers looking to reposition their brands. (He was behind Christina Aguilera’s post-Dirrty transformation into a retro pinup for Back to Basics in 2006.)
Rolston, who has signed a development deal with One Louder Productions' Bob Kusbit and Francis Lyons, the New York-based team behind MTV’s Made, which also paired expert coaches with malleable proteges, takes pains to note that he’s not just another consultant. “Most people don't know what people at my level do," he says.
"It has to do with authoring concepts. It’s a 360-degree artistic development vision — a completely bespoke solution for that individual, from choreography to hair and makeup to the material they perform." The show, in development for several months, will be pitched in the next few weeks.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR