Imax Shows 'Amazing Spider-Man' on 307 Domestic Screens
The North American rollout follows a pre-U.S. release of Marc Webb's action-adventure pic from Friday internationally, including in Russia and India.
Columbia Pictures’ 3D action-adventure pic The Amazing Spider-Man will be released on 447 Imax screens worldwide, starting Tuesday.
Domestically, Marc Webb’s superhero caper pic will roll out in 307 Imax theaters, simultaneous with the film's North American wide release from July 3.
That builds on The Amazing Spider-Man screening in 140 Imax theaters internationally from June 27 as part of a pre-U.S. release.
The international pre-release includes the digitally re-mastered film screening in Russia and India from Friday.
The Amazing Spider-Man, resurrecting Stan Lee’s 50-year creation, stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Denis Leary and Sally Field.
Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3 were also released in the Imax format.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film