Imax Books Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' For Select International Screens
A supersized version of the book-to-screen adaptation will screen in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India and Japan from November 22.
TORONTO - Imax has inked a deal with Twentieth Century Fox to release Ang Lee’s Life of Pi on its supersized screens in in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea and other international markets, from November 22.
The movie, based on the Yann Martel novel, has been digitally remastered into the Imax 3D format.
“Ang Lee is a master filmmaker and we are so pleased to have the opportunity to work with him on Life of Pi,” said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Filmed Entertainment.
Life of Pi stars Suraj Sharma, Gerard Depardieu and Rafe Spall.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short