Imax CEO Richard Gelfond Gets Big Salary Raise
He will now be making $1.1 million in salary alone, plus bonuses and stock options, in a new three-year employment agreement.
Imax CEO Richard Gelfond is getting an outsized salary increase for the next three years.
Just days before his employment contract was scheduled to terminate, Gelfond has re-upped for the next three years. According to a statement filed with the SEC, Gelfond will now be making $1.1 million each year in salary, which is up more than 46 percent from the $750K he was previously making annually.
Gelfond also figures to be bringing home more earnings in other ways. He is eligible to receive a cash bonus of up to two times his base salary, with a target bonus of one times salary. Additionally, he has been granted three annual stock option grants valued at $3.9 million per annum.
The new employment agreement is favorable. If he is terminated without cause or resigns for good reason at any time, his unvested stock options vest automatically.
Imax's stock is up more than 27 percent in 2013 to just under $29 a share. The company's fortunes this year were boosted at the box office by the sci-fi extravaganza Gravity.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!