Imax to Release J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek 2' With Exclusive Camera Sequences
The Paramount Pictures project is added to the large format exhibitor's movie slate after the performance of "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol."
BANFF, ALBERTA – Imax is to release Paramount Pictures’ sequel to J.J. Abrams' 2009 blockbuster Star Trek from May 17, 2013.
Imax released the first film in the Star Trek franchise, and the greenlight for a digitally remastered version of the sequel follows an impressive run for Paramount Pictures' Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol.
As with the earlier efforts, Star Trek 2 will use Imax camera to super-size big action set pieces.
Directed by Abrams and written by Damon Lindelof, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, the sequel follows another chapter of the USS Enterprise crew's exploration into the unknown.
Returning for the sequel are Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, John Cho, Anton Yelchin, and Bruce Greenwood.
They are joined by new cast members Peter Weller and Alice Eve.
"We were so thrilled with the creative results of shooting Imax for Mission: Impossible that we jumped at the chance to use the format for Star Trek,” Abrams said Wednesday in a statement.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR