Imax to Play 'Prometheus' 3D in 421 Theaters Worldwide on North American Release
After its international roll out last week, Ridley Scott's sci-fi tentpole will expand onto 298 giant screens domestically this Friday.
TORONTO – As Ridley Scott’s Prometheus is released in North America this Friday, Twentieth Century Fox’s 3D sci-fi tentpole will expand onto 421 giant-screen Imax theaters worldwide.
Domestically, Prometheus will be released in 298 Imax theatres from June 8, simultaneous with the North American wide release.
Having already been rolled out internationally, Prometheus will play Friday in 123 Imax theaters overseas, with additional dates to be announced.
Imax reported a sell out of Prometheus at the BFI Imax Cinema in London, making it the top grossing theater for the film in Britain.
"With robust initial Imax results, it is clear that more and more sci-fi fans are choosing Imax as the best way to experience this must-see summer event," Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Filmed Entertainment, said Wednesday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR