Imax to Play 'Prometheus' 3D in 421 Theaters Worldwide on North American Release
After its international roll out last week, Ridley Scott's sci-fi tentpole will expand onto 298 giant screens domestically this Friday.
TORONTO – As Ridley Scott’s Prometheus is released in North America this Friday, Twentieth Century Fox’s 3D sci-fi tentpole will expand onto 421 giant-screen Imax theaters worldwide.
Domestically, Prometheus will be released in 298 Imax theatres from June 8, simultaneous with the North American wide release.
Having already been rolled out internationally, Prometheus will play Friday in 123 Imax theaters overseas, with additional dates to be announced.
Imax reported a sell out of Prometheus at the BFI Imax Cinema in London, making it the top grossing theater for the film in Britain.
"With robust initial Imax results, it is clear that more and more sci-fi fans are choosing Imax as the best way to experience this must-see summer event," Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Filmed Entertainment, said Wednesday.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David