Imax Posts Record Global Bow for 'Transformers 3'
The Michael Bay sequel has generated $23.1 million at the specialty theaters since bowing June 28.
TORONTO – Paramount Pictures' Transformers 3 has posted a record opening in Imax theaters by generating $23.1 million globally since its launch on June 28.
Toronto-based Imax on Tuesday reported Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D, which bowed on 146 North American screens, has posted a domestic take of $14 million, or an $88,500 per screen average.
Internationally, the Michael Bay picture grossed $9.1 million on 105 Imax screens through Monday, for a per-screen average of $87,000.
The third edition in the Transformers franchise is set to run on around 148 Imax screens overseas.
Several key Imax markets, including China and Japan, are yet to open.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D was written by Ehren Kruger and produced by Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce. The executive producers are Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera