Imax Promotes Studios' Liaison Phil Groves
Imax expands role for major distribution exec. as it continues to build out international network of theatres.
TORONTO – Phil Groves, Imax’s chief point-man with the studios' distribution execs, has been promoted to senior vp of worldwide distribution, studio-exhibitor relations.
Groves will now oversee Imax’s global distribution network and international relationships while it expands in China, Korea, Russia and other growing markets. The promotion follows Imax in 2010 seeing 13 more exhibitors open theatres, with 123 theatre systems in all launched worldwide, including in China.
Toronto-based Imax is also pushing an increasing number of digitally-remastered Hollywood films through its international network, including current releases like Mars Needs Moms 3D, Sucker Punch and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
Groves, a veteran film buyer who joined the big screen exhibitor in 2003 as vp of distribution and development, will continue to report to Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Filmed Entertainment.
"We have expanded his position to acknowledge the role he has played, and to enable our growing list of global exhibition and studio partners to have access to Phil's extensive knowledge of the Imax distribution business,” Foster said in a statement.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR