Imax, Regal Entertainment Expand Joint Venture Theater Deal
The U.S. exhibitor has ordered another 10 screens to bring its commitment to 87 screens in all.
TORONTO - Regal Entertainment has ordered another 10 Imax theaters to bring an existing joint revenue sharing agreement to 87 screens in all.
“Imax is a key component in our strategy to offer premium moviegoing experiences to our customers and we're pleased to announce another expansion of our relationship," Regal Entertainment Group CEO Amy Miles said Thursday in a statement.
Regal has already opened 70 Imax theaters, having first struck a joint venture with the Toronto-based giant screen exhibitor in 2008.
The cinema chain in 2010 expanded the jv deal by committing to bring to have 77 Regal Imax theaters in operation by the end of 2012.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack