Imax to Release Keanu Reeves' 'Man of Tai Chi' in China
The deal with China Film Group, Wanda Group and Village Roadshow Pictures will expand the Chinese release of the contemporary action drama from July 5.
KARLOVY VARY – Imax is going to supersize the martial arts action film The Man of Tai Chi, from first-time director Keanu Reeves, for release on its screens in China on July 5.
The deal, a partnership with China Film Group, Wanda Group and Village Roadshow Pictures, will see the Mandarin-language film released on Imax screens as its premieres on screens nationwide in China.
Imax, reunited with The Matrix actor-director, said it will possibly expand its release of the China-U.S. co-production to other territories.
"We're happy to be back in business with our longtime partner Keanu Reeves, an advocate of the Imax experience and a global star who has already proven to be very popular with our audiences," said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment, in a statement.
The Man of Tai Chi was co-produced by the China Film Group, Wanda Media, Village Roadshow Pictures Asia, and Universal Pictures.
It will be distributed internationally by Universal.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack