Imax to Release Yash Raj Films’ 'Paani,' Expands Bollywood Slate
The giant screen exhibitor is expanding its local language movie supply as it builds out its theater network in India.
TORONTO – Imax is to release Yash Raj Films’ Paani and additional movie titles as it expands its pact with the Indian film studio giant.
The Toronto-based large format exhibitor will release the Yash Raj Films titles in its theaters across India and in other key markets.
The Imax-Yash Raj Films agreement, unveiled at the 2013 FICCI Frames conference in Mumbai, now covers three films, including the upcoming Hindi language action thriller DHOOM:3.
The move comes as Imax looks to expand its Bollywood film slate as it builds out its network in India.
“Since announcing the Imax release of DHOOM: 3, we've seen tremendous anticipation building among Indian moviegoers around this first-ever Imax release of a Hindi feature film, and we're excited to add to this excitement with two more of our highly anticipated films, including our most ambitious one, Paani," said Yash Raj Films chairman Aditya Chopra in a statement.
"As we continue to grow our network across India, we are committed to offering the nation's growing Imax fan base an elevated movie-going experience that transports them into Bollywood's best,” Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment, added in his own statement.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR