Imax to Screen Japanese Manga Movie 'Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods'
The deal marks the first movie to be digitally remastered for release in the giant-screen exhibitor's theaters in Japan.
TORONTO -- Eighteen years after the original manga movie, Imax is digitally super-sizing Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods for release in its theaters in Japan from March 30.
The distribution deal marks the first-ever Japanese anime movie to screen in Imax theaters.
The film comes from an original story by Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods focuses on the period between the "Z" and "GT" Dragon Ball animated series.
"We're proud to be partnering with a pioneering manga creator like Akira Toriyoma to release the latest installment of this beloved franchise and our first Japanese film in Imax," said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment, in a statement.
Imax will digitally re-master Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods for the upcoming release.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR