Superhero Epic 'The Avengers' to be Digtially Remastered for Imax 3D
Marvel Studios and Disney will unleash the summer tentpole on May 4.
Imax has booked Marvel Studios and Disney’s The Avengers.
A digitally re-mastered 3D version of the superhero tentpole picture will open in Imax theaters on May 4, the same day it opens in regular theaters.
The Avengers, based on the Marvel comic book series, comes from writer/director Joss Whedon and stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Samuel L. Jackson.
“The Avengers is a perfect film to kick-off our 2012 summer slate and we anticipate this limited Imax engagement will be a must-see for fans around the world,” Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Filmed Entertainment, said Tuesday in a statement.
The giant screen gig follows Marvel's release of Iron Man 2 and Thor 3D on Imax screens.
Imax also is playing Disney's John Carter, which opens March 9.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR