Imax to Show Jean-Pierre Jeunet's 'The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet' in France
The "Amelie" director's latest movie will be digitally re-mastered into the 3D format for an Oct. 16, 2013 debut.
TORONTO – Imax is to digitally super-size French director Jean-Pierre Jeunet's The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet for screening in its theaters in France beginning October 16.
While continuing its focus on local films, this time in France, Imax may expand the 3D adaptation of Reif Larsen's novel from Gaumont and the Amelie director elsewhere in the Imax circuit.
"With films like Amelie and A Very Long Engagement, Jean-Pierre Jeunet has a strong track record of creating adventurous, imaginative and emotional films that connect with audiences everywhere," said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment in a statement Friday.
Imax will digitally re-master The Young and Prodigious T. S. Spivet, which portrays a 12-year-old cartographer on a solo journey from his Montana home to pick up an award at the Smithsonian Institution.
The road trip film, which stars Helena Bonham Carter and Kyle Catlett as T.S. Spivet, was shot in Quebec and Alberta.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR