Imax to Supersize 'Les Miserables' for British Release on Digital Screens
The deal with Universal Pictures will see the musical tentpole open on the Canadian exhibitor's giant screens from January 11.
TORONTO – Imax is to open Les Misérables in its digital theaters in the U.K. from January 11, as part of a deal with Universal Pictures.
The giant screen exhibitor will digitally re-master the tentpole musical from The King’s Speech director Tom Hooper.
Les Miserables stars Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried and Sacha Baron Cohen.
Set against the backdrop of 19th century France, the picture is expected to be in Oscar contention.
Tickets for the British Imax screening of Les Miserables go on sale December 1.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)