Imax to Supersize 'Les Miserables' for British Release on Digital Screens
The deal with Universal Pictures will see the musical tentpole open on the Canadian exhibitor's giant screens from January 11.
TORONTO – Imax is to open Les Misérables in its digital theaters in the U.K. from January 11, as part of a deal with Universal Pictures.
The giant screen exhibitor will digitally re-master the tentpole musical from The King’s Speech director Tom Hooper.
Les Miserables stars Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried and Sacha Baron Cohen.
Set against the backdrop of 19th century France, the picture is expected to be in Oscar contention.
Tickets for the British Imax screening of Les Miserables go on sale December 1.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'