Imax to Supersize 'Les Miserables' for British Release on Digital Screens
The deal with Universal Pictures will see the musical tentpole open on the Canadian exhibitor's giant screens from January 11.
TORONTO – Imax is to open Les Misérables in its digital theaters in the U.K. from January 11, as part of a deal with Universal Pictures.
The giant screen exhibitor will digitally re-master the tentpole musical from The King’s Speech director Tom Hooper.
Les Miserables stars Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried and Sacha Baron Cohen.
Set against the backdrop of 19th century France, the picture is expected to be in Oscar contention.
Tickets for the British Imax screening of Les Miserables go on sale December 1.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR