Imax Expands Theater Pact With TGV Cinemas in Malaysia
The Malaysian circuit has ordered another seven screens to be operated as joint venture businesses with the Canadian giant screen exhibitor.
TORONTO – Hot on the heels of expanding its theater joint revenue sharing pact stateside with AMC Entertainment, Imax has done the same with TGV Cinemas in Malaysia.
The Malaysian exhibitor is to install another seven Imax theaters in its circuit after launching its first super-sized screen in December 2011.
The latest deal brings to eight the number of screens that TGV Cinemas will jointly operate with Imax, with the first of the new order to open in Bandar Utama in Fall 2012.
Other Imax screens will follow for TGV Cinemas in Johor Bahru, Penang and Kuala Lumpur, with additional locations to be determined at a later date.
“With today's agreement, TGV will bring Imax theaters into high-growth areas further supporting our expansion efforts in this key part of Asia,” Don Savant, SVP and managing director at Imax, Asia Pacific, said Monday in a statement.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR