Imax Unveils Three More Theater Deals in China
The giant screen exhibitor has sold another venue to Omnijoi Cinemas and sold separate screens to new partners Guangzhou Fanbo and Zhejiang Wandi International.
TORONTO – Growing its Chinese footprint even further, Imax on Wednesday unveiled three new theater deals, including one more digital screen for existing partner Omnijoi Cinemas.
Toronto-based Imax also signed up separate new theater deals with Guangzhou Fanbo and Zhejiang Wandi International to bring to 229 the number of theaters set to open or contracted to open in China.
Omnijoi Cinemas will install another Imax theater in the city of Changzhou by November, a deal that follows the Chinese exhibitor signing a recent five-theater agreement to bring its Imax commitment to 14 screens.
Zhejiang Wandi will install an Imax screen in the Zhejiang Wandi International Cineplex in Lishui in January, and Guangzhou Fanbo has acquired an Imax screen for the Panyu district of Guangzhou that is set to open in September 2013.
Imax has offices in Beijing and Shanghai to help drive its expansion in China.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR