Imax Unveils a Four-Theater Deal in China
The latest Asian expansion follows Bill Kong's Broadway Theater Company getting to six large format screens it will operate locally.
TORONTO – Hong Kong-based Broadway Theater Company, founded and run by film producer Bill Kong (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), has acquired another four theaters from Imax Corp. for the Chinese and Hong Kong markets.
The first two digital screens will open at Yoho Town, Hong Kong, and in Wenzhou, China in 2013.
No word on locations for the other two new digital theaters.
Broadway already operates a newly-opened Imax theater in Hangzhou, China, with another venue set to open by the end of 2012 in Puxi, Shanghai.
Kong's other movie credits include Hero, House of Flying Daggers and Jet Li's Fearless.
The Broadway deal brings to 217 the number of theaters that Imax has open or is slated to open in the expanding Chinese market.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!