'The Impossible' Trailer: Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor Caught in Deadly Tsunami (Video)
Spanish director Juan Antonio Bayona's film is based on the true story of a family which must find its way back together after being swept away in the 2004 Indian Ocean disaster.
Can a family survive the impossible?
Spanish director Juan Antonio Bayona’s English-language debut puts that question to the test, in a film based from a true story of a family that found itself in the middle of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, which was perhaps the deadliest in history.
Starring Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor as a couple vacationing in Thailand with their three sons, the family is separated by a giant wave that soon swallows their hotel and them with it.
The wrenching trailer shows an intense McGregor vowing he will do whatever it takes to bring his family back together.
The Impossible will premiere during the heart of awards season on Dec. 21. The film is being distributed by Summit Entertainment in the U.S.
Watch the video below.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'