'Inbetweeners' Movie Sequel Gets Australia, New Zealand Distribution Deal
Village Roadshow acquires rights from Zodiak Media for the follow-up to the bawdy British box office sensation, which is due out in August.
LONDON – The sequel to bawdy British box office smash The Inbetweeners will wing its way to Australia and New Zealand after Village Roadshow inked a deal for the title.
Zodiak Media's international distribution arm Zodiak Rights is selling the movie, written and co-directed by Iain Morris and Damon Beesley and starring Simon Bird (Will), Joe Thomas (Simon), James Buckley (Jay) and Blake Harrison (Neil).
Produced by Bwark (a Zodiak Media company) and co-financed by Film4, Inbetweeners Movie 2 sees the four clueless lads on a "mad adventure" in Australia.
Zodiak Rights head of theatrical sales Anne Feret said: "We are thrilled to distribute the film and to partner with Village Roadshow who did an outstanding job on the first movie".
Shooting started Dec. 6 in Australia.
Before becoming a smash-hit box office comedy which grossed over $90 million at the worldwide box office, The Inbetweeners started off as a cult series on channel 4’s digital channel E4.
Entertainment Film Distributors will release the film in the U.K. and Ireland in August 2014.
Zodiak Rights holds the worldwide distribution rights to the feature film, outside the U.K. and Ireland.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR