'Butter' Director to Helm 'Inbetweeners' Remake for Paramount
Jim Field Smith will direct the comedy, which will be titled "Virgins America."
Jim Field Smith, who directed the Jennifer Garner comedy Butter, has nabbed the gig to helm Virgins America, Paramount’s remake of the British hit The Inbetweeners.
Inbetweeners started life as a Brit sitcom, then became an international hit as a movie in 2011. In fact, it became the U.K.’s top-grossing comedy of all time. Paramount picked up the rights in 2012. MTV tried to do a TV translation of the show, but it lasted only one season.
The story follows the misadventures of four suburban teens.
Smith directed the Jay Buruchel comedy She’s Out of My League as well as episodes of the Matt LeBlanc Showtime comedy Episodes.
He is repped by WME.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR