Incendo to distribute Paramount films
New deal begins Feb. 19 with 'Shutter Island'
TORONTO -- Canadian film and TV distributor Incendo is to release Paramount Pictures' movie titles in Quebec theatres.
The deal between Montreal-based Incendo and Paramount Pictures Entertainment Canada will start with the release of Martin Scorsese's "Shutter Island" in the French-speaking province on February 19.
The Incendo pipeline will then be filled with "How to Train Your Dragon," from directors Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois, Jon Favreau's "Iron Man 2," and the Mike Myers-starrer "Shrek Forever After," directed by Mike Mitchell.
Incendo did a successful road test with Paramount by recently releasing "The Lovely Bones," "Up in the Air" and "Paranormal Activity" in Quebec.
The indie distributor also released in Quebec movies by Paramount Vantage, Paramount Pictures' specialty film division.
In Quebec, as elsewhere in the Canadian market, Hollywood releases dominate the local multiplex.
Incendo, run by Stephen Greenberg and Jean Bureau, is best known as Canada's biggest TV distributor, via its Fox/Incendo joint venture with Twentieth Century Fox International Television Distribution
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game