Indian Satire Clip 'It's Your Fault' Addresses Violence Against Women (Video)
Comedy group All India Bakchod's viral sketch shows women sarcastically blaming themselves for being victims of rape.
NEW DELHI – A viral video by comedy group All India Bakchod titled "It's Your Fault" uses sarcasm to respond to the issue of violence against women given the recent gang rapes that have shocked India. The clip has garnered over 400,000 views since being posted on Sept. 19.
"Every sexual assault case in India inspires a string of stupid and hateful remarks against women. This is our response to those remarks," reads the introduction to the video on the comedy group's YouTube channel.
It's Your Fault features actress Kalki Koechlin (who is married to acclaimed director Anurag Kashyap and has featured in titles including DevD and That Girl in Yellow Boots) and TV presenter Juhi Pandey. The duo sarcastically demonstrate how women should be blamed for what they wear, working late at night and not fighting back when attacked. The video shows the two celebrities increasingly bruised and bloodied as they repeat the phrase, “Women, it's your fault.”
The video is the latest episode on AIB 365, the comedy collective's weekly YouTube show. AIB comprises Tanmay Bhat, Gursimran Khamba, Rohan Joshi and Ashish Shakya. One of their recent episodes includes a Breaking Bad spoof featuring a popular Indian TV cookery show hostess who -- "inspired by Walter White" -- decides to cook crystal meth.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR