Indie Icons: Octavia Spencer and the Cast of 'Fruitvale Station' Discuss the Film Fest Favorite (Video)
Rising star Michael B. Jordan, writer/director Ryan Coogler and Oscar-winning actress Octavia Spencer talk about turning this gritty tale into a critically acclaimed indie-flick.
Octavia Spencer, Michael B. Jordan, writer/director Ryan Coogler and fresh face Melonie Diaz talk about their experiences making the Sundance breakout movie Fruitvale Station, a moving, gritty tale about a young man trying to escape his fate.
Jordan reveals that he cried when he first read the script, while Spencer tells The Hollywood Reporter that she believed in the project so much that she coughed up some of her own money to complete it.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay