Indie Icons: Octavia Spencer and the Cast of 'Fruitvale Station' Discuss the Film Fest Favorite (Video)
Rising star Michael B. Jordan, writer/director Ryan Coogler and Oscar-winning actress Octavia Spencer talk about turning this gritty tale into a critically acclaimed indie-flick.
Octavia Spencer, Michael B. Jordan, writer/director Ryan Coogler and fresh face Melonie Diaz talk about their experiences making the Sundance breakout movie Fruitvale Station, a moving, gritty tale about a young man trying to escape his fate.
Jordan reveals that he cried when he first read the script, while Spencer tells The Hollywood Reporter that she believed in the project so much that she coughed up some of her own money to complete it.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack