Indie Spirit Awards 2012: 'The Artist' Filmmakers Last to Arrive Due to Late Flight
Director Michel Hazanavicius arrives in time to accept Best Director award.
The filmmakers behind The Artist, who attended the Cesar Awards in Paris Friday night, were the last to arrive in Santa Monica for Saturday's Film Independent Spirit Awards, due to a flight delay.
Director Michel Hazanavicius arrived just in time to accept his Best Director award.
The filmmakers had planned to fly to Los Angeles overnight, and Air France was planning on securing an escort that would have gotten them to the awards ceremony in time. It was not immediately clear where they encountered a delay. Both Hazanavicius and producer Thomas Langmann received police escorts from Los Angeles International Airport.
At the Spirits, the film recieved the award for Best Feature. Jean Dujardin was named Best Actor, and Guillame Schiffman received the award for cinematography. The movie's Penelope Ann Miller accepted in their absence.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR