'Infernal Affairs' Director Andrew Lau, Peter Chan Team for 'The Guillotines'
The action film about an imperial assassination squad started shooting in Sept.
HONG KONG –- Infernal Affairs director Andrew Lau and producer Peter Chan Ho-sun (The Warlords, Wu Xia) team up for The Guillotines, a $15 million period actioner co-produced by Chan’s We Pictures and Media Asia Film Production, with Stellar Mega Films, Dingsheng Cultural Industry Investment and Polyface Films joining as production partners.
Principal photography has begun in Shanxi province of China in early Sept. The film, about the emperor’s covert assassination squad, stars Huang Xiaoming (The Message), Ethan Juan (Monga), Shawn Yue (Reign of Assassins), and Boran Jing (Hot Summer Days). Award-winning action choreographer Lee Tat-chiu and costume designer Dora Ng has also joined the production.
The film is repped in Asia (excluding China) by Media Asia, while international sales will handle international sales.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game