Infiniti nabs 'Community' cast for Emmy ads
Series of vignettes will air during Sunday's awards show
The cast of NBC's "Community" will star in a series of vignettes for Infiniti during Sunday's Emmy Awards telecast in an attempt to maximize recall during the event.
Joel McHale, Chevy Chase, Alison Brie and five others will be featured in one 30-second and two 45-second vignettes during the Emmycast on NBC.
The segments feature the actors in an eight-seat Infiniti QX 56 heading to an Emmy party. At one point, Chase says he wants to put $100 on "Glee," the Fox show that's favored to win, and McHale uses the radio to drown out a pontificating Gillian Jacobs. In the end, it turns out there is no party. Instead, Danny Pudi had manufactured the event so the crew could spend time together.
Ben Poore, vp of Infiniti's business unit, said the vignettes, plus lead auto sponsor designation during the show, are designed to "take our marketing dollars and make they look even bigger."
Infiniti followed a similar strategy with the men's NCAA basketball tournament when it ran segments with top coaches. The automaker also is buying time during this year's election coverage on various news programs.
Infiniti worked with its creative agency, TBWA\Chiat\Day, plus media buyer OMD and NBC on the effort.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR