Injured Dick Van Dyke Cancels 'Step in Time' Show
World premiere of actor's autobiographical stage musical was to open in L.A. on December 16.
Legendary Hollywood TV and film actor Dick Van Dyke has had to cancel the planned run of his autobiographical stage show Step in Time! A Musical Memoir, which was to open at L.A.'s Geffen Playhouse on Dec. 16, due to an achilles injury.
"I very much wish that circumstances allowed me to share my stories at the Geffen this winter," Van Dyke said in a press statement about the world premiere production that highlights his six-decades in the entertainment industry. "Unfortunately, this injury is forcing me to be off my feet for a while. Perhaps there will be an opportunity to revisit this sometime in the future, but in the meantime, I thank everyone for their understanding and support."
The Geffen Playhouse is offering refunds and exchanges to ticket holders.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!